“We’re the unhealthiest borough, we’re the poorest borough, and there’s a lot of scrutiny now,” John Doyle, a former City Council candidate and Bronx political reformer, told Gotham Gazette. “The Bronx machine was caught resting on its laurels, because until Trump got elected, people were never really opening the hood and kicking the tires on their Democratic incumbents.”
– Gotham Gazette: ‘We’re in a State of Transition’: Bronx Democrats Wrestle with Changing of the Guard
“Not all Democrats are the same. There are good Democrats and bad Democrats,” said Doyle. “And Ruben Diaz is not a good Democrat.
– The City: Bronx Dissident Democrats Want to Ditch Ruben Diaz Sr.
- CBS2: 50 People To Know: Unofficial Mayor Of City Island John Doyle
- Bronx Times: MTA adds another hour to Bx29 run
- News 12 The Bronx: Community activists rally against violence in the Bronx
- Residents ask city to turn lights on at park
- Temple congregants disturbed by shots from NYPD range
- City Island group wants tow trucks labeled commercial
- New park opens on City Island
- City Island residents want deer warning signs
- Bronx community group petitions new location for P.S. 71 annex
- NY1: Residents Who Travel Dangerous Stretch of Road in City’s Largest Park Demand Answers
- Our Americana: S01|E06: City Island, New York (In The Shadow of New York)
- Bronx Volunteer Coalition: John Doyle 2016 Bronx Volunteer of the Year Award for Neighborhood impact
- Welcome2TheBronx: Mott Haven and Hart Island Chosen By Historic District Council as ‘Six to Celebrate’
- Welcome2TheBronx: City Plans $275 Million Upgrade to NYPD Training Grounds at Rodman’s Neck
- John Doyle’s Speech on Anita Valenti
- City Island Bridge meeting clip # 6 with John Doyle.